GRRAND News & Information
Contest runs July 1 through August 3, 2020
Welcome to our 2nd Photo Calendar Fundraiser!
Featured Month Image: Who has the fairest GRRAND dog of all? Of course, it is your GRRAND Dog! Here is your chance to show off your gorgeous GRRAND dog to the world. Click here to enter your GRRAND dog’s picture ($10 registration fee) and then encourage voting for $1 from your family, friends and social media followers. The photo with the most votes at the end of the voting phase will pick the month they would like to have the dog featured. The next eleven photos with the most votes will each receive a monthly spread. Each winner has a chance to tell their GRRAND dog’s story.
Individual Day Image: Want a guaranteed spot in the calendar? Reserve a day to honor your pet. Your pet’s photo will appear on the day of your choice. Just choose your favorite photo and then choose the day and pay! First come first served! Once a date has been reserved, it will no longer be available. Each day is $15. Click here to submit your photo and $15 donation.
Calendar Pre-Order: Calendars make excellent holiday gifts! You will be able to pre-order calendars at a reduced cost ($15). Use this link to pre-order calendars. Calendars will also be available for purchase from our website after the contest but the cost will be $20 due to shipping costs.
Important information: This is the second year running this fundraiser. Here are some tips:
- Read the Contest Rules for information regarding photo requirements.
- Make sure your photos are of high enough quality to reproduce well.
- The more you communicate your participation in the contest (i.e. at work, with friends, via social media), the better chance you have to win one of the top spots, and the more GRRAND will benefit. Votes are $1.00 each.
- No people in the photos, please. We want to protect their privacy.
- It’s not over until it is over. The battle for the calendar spots can go to the very last minute of the contest. Our contest will close at 9 p.m. EST on 8/3/2020.
- People can vote as often as they like, and votes will display on the contest web page as they come in.
- In case of a tie, the entry date and time will be used as the tie breaker.
The goal is to raise $10,000 to help GRRAND continue their efforts to rescue, rehabilitate and re-home wonderful GRRAND dogs.
Theo’s Story – A Difficult Journey
“Theo” was rescued from a hording situation and came to GRRAND for rehabilitation and hopefully adoption in the future. His story is incredible. Click here to read all about Theo and his progress.
Fundraising Challenge Met! Thank you!!!
Thank you for all of your support! We have raised the funds needed to secure the charter plane to rescue the dogs in China.
We are now focused on the remaining preparations and permissions needed to allow the dogs to travel. This has been the most challenging rescue mission we have ever undertaken, and we are working to ensure every detail is met. We are hoping for the dogs’ safe arrival in the next month or so. We will keep you posted!
GRRAND Rescue Status and Temporary Application Process
GRRAND is making several changes to the adoption/foster process in order to protect our volunteers, applicants and their families. Below is a description of our changed application process but please keep in mind that our world is in a fluctuating state right now and we must be vigilant about protecting you. That means there may be changes to our changes! Please be patient with us as we navigate through these difficult times. Our goal is to continue rescuing dogs in need because for many it may mean life or death to them.
Home visits will be adjusted until further notice in order to protect you and our volunteers. Once your application is received our volunteer will contact you
- Before the virtual “in-home” visit, our GRRAND volunteer will come to your home to check your fencing. You need not come outside or even be at home for this visit. The volunteer will also leave an adoption packet that will be reviewed during the the upcoming virtual meeting.
- The “in-home” visit will be conducted via Face Time. During that Face Time meeting our GRRAND volunteer will review the information that is typically presented during an in-person meeting. If you do not have access to Face Time, we will postpone the home visit until it is safe to meet in person.
- If you have a child under the age of 10-years we ask that you submit your application, but we are postponing home visits for the next several weeks. We will contact you once it’s safe to conduct the visit in your home.
Thank you for your patience with these changes. Our thoughts focus on safety first for you and our volunteer team.
Subscribe to the GRRAND Tails newsletter to stay informed!