Jump to the article you are looking for using the links below:
Pool Dog Splash - September 9th
Join us for our next Pool Dog Splash at GRRAND Central Station!
- When: Saturday, September 9th from 12-2 p.m.
- Where: GRRAND Central Station, 7924 Vine Crest Ave., Louisville, KY 40222
- Cost: Admission is a bottle of bourbon valued at $40 or more or a bottle of wine valued at $25 or more for use at the GRRAND Affair Bourbon & Wine Pulls.
- Requirements for Dogs: Please bring proof of current vaccines including (1) Canine Influenza (both shots), (2) Bordetella, (3) Distemper/Parvo, and (4) Rabies.
- How to Register: Register at the event or pre-register by clicking the button below. Include the name of each dog attending, along with current vaccination records for each pup. You can also bring vet records the day of the event.
See you there!
Give for Good Louisville
Give for Good Louisville is coming up on September 14th, and you can help GRRAND raise $10,000 to support GRRAND dogs’ medical expenses! These expenses include caring for sweet pups like Maisie, who was surrendered to GRRAND in March 2023 due to the financial challenges associated with Maisie’s heart condition. Maisie has an abnormal blood vessel that routes blood just to the gut area, bypassing the liver and preventing her blood from being detoxified as the liver would normally do. Maisie has seen specialists at Purdue University and she is scheduled for a surgical procedure on her liver in late September.
How You Can Help
Between now and September 14th, spread the word! While our greatest need is donations, we also need our donors’ support in spreading the word on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or through email to friends and family. Help us make this day the GRRANDest one yet! We know with your support and generosity, we can continue to make a difference for our rescued pups like Maisie.
Then, donate on September 14th. You will have 24 hours to make your donation, and all giving will end at 11:59 p.m.
Thank you in advance for your support and generosity to our organization!
Join our Transportation Team!
We’re updating our GRRAND Transportation Volunteer email list, and we need your help!
Want to join GRRAND’s Transportation Team? Are you already a team member and want to remain on or be removed from the email list? If you answered yes to any of these questions, please contact Anne Jay by email at [email protected] or by mail at P.O. Box 6132, Louisville, KY 40206. If this is your first time volunteering with the Transportation Team, please include:
- Your cell phone number
- Your email address
- The maximum number of dogs you can transport at a time (Dogs are typically transported one at a time, but there are rare instances when more than one dog may need to be transported.)
- Preferences for where you are willing to drive (The Transportation Team operates in the Cincinnati, Louisville, and Lexington areas.)
- Completed waiver (See below for link to waiver.)
- Completed volunteer application if you’ve never volunteered with GRRAND (See below for link to application.)
For more information on volunteering with the GRRAND Transportation Team, see Transportation Guidelines below.
“We would love to have you and are grateful for any time, energy, and help you can give to GRRAND and our dogs!” -Anne Jay, GRRAND Transportation Coordinator
Phone Duty Team
- responding to or forwarding messages to an appropriate GRRAND volunteer to answer questions from the public,
- and helping callers better understand GRRAND’s policies and operations.
I Found Love - Adoption and Foster Stories
Owen is a very sweet six-year-old Golden who came from an Amish breeder and is currently being fostered by Mark and Robin Miller. Unlike many of the other dogs that GRRAND has rescued from Amish breeders, Owen is not skittish and is very gentle. He would make for a great family dog as he walks well on a leash, and would be good with other dogs and kids.
Mark and Robin have been volunteers at GRRAND for 5 years. They started off coming to our facilities to help walk the dogs, and they recently have begun fostering dogs, such as Owen! When Mark was asked why they enjoy fostering with GRRAND, he responded, “the biggest reward is hooking the dog up with their forever family but it is also nice to see how quickly they bond with you once you foster them.”